Sunday, May 25, 2008

Not Feeling My Age

So I'm not feeling my age this weekend. I feel so much older and am in that state of mind as well. I find myself constantly reminding myself that I'm not that old and that I have so much life to life. So, start living it! I'm working on it.

Played a pickup game of kickball today - I'm gonna feel that tomorrow. It wasn't that vigorous but when you're not in shape, it makes it hurt all the more.

I've also had some realizations today that with my age, I need to focus on my age group more. I need to focus on building those adult relationships. Its nothing against my younger friends but, fact of the matter is, we're in different places in our lives. That doesn't mean I'm going to become best friends with people that are 60 (I'm not that old by the way) but just needing to diversify my friendship base.

My ponderings...
... can 45 minutes of kickball really make me hurt this much? What happened to the kickball days in college?

... how do i really mentally cut the strings of the past and move on?

... do I expect too much? why do I get so attached? I'm I really that emotional and sensitive of a person?

No comments: