Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Confidence

I'm almost halfway through my second week of a new job and am finally having some sense of confidence in my job and knowing what I'm doing. I've actually felt really good about a few things that I've done and some discussions that I've had with some people. Its amazing what a little bit of confidence can do.

But, at the same time, confidence at work and in one's profession doesn't always translate into the personal side of things. Sometimes you want something so bad and don't find it, but find something else along the way. And, as time goes on, that thing you wanted so bad, and felt like you were not obtaining, you realize you already have. It just wasn't discovered yet. Embrace it and challenge it so it will grow.

Ponderings / thoughts for today...

Sometimes things you want most are right in front of you...don't lose sight of that which is closest to you....no, I'm not talking about my nose, am I? [I'm not, I'm actually referring to self-happiness]

Don't' take anything for granted....you just never know...

Coffee is such a blessing...except that fact that I feel incredibly sleep deprived. Is snoozing for an hour every morning a bad thing?? I think not!

No comments: