Monday, March 23, 2009

Catalyst - 2.1

So I've deviating from the weekly (which isn't happening very well) posting about the current Catalyst series at my church. Tonight...I'm bringing a brief note about how a catalyst has worked in my life recently.

There are times in life when you seem down, discouraged, frustrated....the list continues. But something happens in your life to begin to turn things around...a catalyst perhaps. I've recently experienced this in a conversation with a friend recently that helped me put things (generally speaking...life) in perspective. Life is short and you must always keep things in perspective. You need to live in the moment and not worry so much about what life will bring. I've been struggling with my milestone age change upcoming and not believing that I've accomplished what I had set out for by this age. Well, the reason could be that I haven't given full control of my life over to the one who has already determined the plan for my life: God. This is easier said than done and I believe many will agree. But I've realized (with the help of some close friends) life is not about what you've accomplished, where you succeed in life, etc. Life is about relationships, about connection, about community and most importantly, seeking after God's will. What is his will? Only he knows and I must fully trust Him and allow it to be reveled. Its not an easy task but each day, I must step back and release control of the journey and turn over the reigns for whatever life will bring - good or bad.

It's a growing period and can feel the change in my life. It affects your attitude and outlook on life and may be somewhat negative initially. But PATIENCE will prevail in the end.

Bottom line: Seek God's will and allow Him to fully control and guide your life. Be Patience for His workings and it will be revealed to you.

Things I'm pondering....
... why does 6 hours of sleep go by so much faster than the other 18 hours of the day?
... if I don't sleep, can my productivity in those 6 hours outweigh the added benefit of sleep?
... how amazed I can be by the people you meet along life's journey.

1 comment: