Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cool and Crisp

I wake up this morning and head to work with a warm cup of coffee in hand and wish I could just stop and take in the cool and crisp fall air. Now, technically, its not fall yet, but the balmy 47 degrees this morning sure made it feel like fall.

See, fall is my favorite season of the year. There is just something about the crisp-ness of the air, the leaves rustling and the smell of burning leaves and sticks that is refreshing. It takes me back to nature and all that it has to offer. The 'smells of fall' have a soothing effect on me and removes all the worries of life from my mind. Unfortunately, only for a short time was I able to take in the freshness of the morning. One morning this fall however, I will take a break from life and just soak up all that the season has to offer.

Things I'm pondering...
... is it odd to really like penguins?
... what else can someone possible capture the smell of burning leaves in?
... fall apples are quite delicious!

No comments: