Sunday, August 17, 2008

Unseen Purpose

I'll be soon closing out my 7th of 16 graduate classes in my pursuit of my MBA. This class has been by far the most different out of all of my classes. The class, Sales Management, was an elective towards my Marketing MBA and I primarily took this class because a) I don't like sales and b) I'm not good at sales. I identified my weakness and was intentional in taking this class to strengthen those skills.

Well, with only 2 weeks left in the class, I feel like I'm still waiting for that 'ah ha' thing that I'll learn. Honestly, I have almost felt like this class has been too basic and that I haven't fully received the benefits of all that I could learn. Now, this is a bit frustrating considering it is a graduate level course and they don't come cheap.

But, I've realized over the last few days while wrapping up my most recent homework assignment that despite believing this class is not fulfilling the intended purpose that I set out for originally, a new purpose have been realized.

I've learned that I already knew and was utilizing many of the sales skills taught in the class. It comes down to a matter of confidence in myself and utilizing those skills. Secondly, I've realized that despite this class being quite a bit easier than all my prior classes, it was a blessing in disguise. The incredibly busy summer has taken a toll on me and this easier class was actually a break for me. The class, albeit initiated with an intended purpose, has resulted in something far better....a chance to take a break and breathe.

We may each have a purpose through each of our decisions we make and may have a sense of loss or disappointment when our purpose is not fulfilled. Take that moment to look back and find the Unseen Purpose that resulted from your choice. You just might be pleasantly surprised.

Things I'm pondering...
...you can still function when not consuming coffee at every waking moment....a little disappointed by this

... I'm constantly reminding myself to take a moment to breathe...its totally worth it no matter what

... just remember...its always about us...but most often, its about someone else...do something nice for someone and you'll feel pretty darn good!

No comments: