Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stop Searching

A friend told me that if you are always searching for something, when do you enjoy that which you have?

An excellent point mind you. When do you?

Sometimes in life, you just need to stop searching, enjoy life and the simple things....peace...tranquility....the lake breeze....a great cup of coffee.

The worries of life just roll away and I find myself relaxed, and not searching. But instead, I find myself pondering life's simplicities....not thinking about the what if's but about the what I have's.

Contentment. Not easily learned, nor accepted but taking small steps towards it. Contentment in myself, my life and where I am will lead to personal happiness. I won't find that in someone or something else but me. Just me.

So...its time to just be me, spend time with me, focus on the simplicity of me. With me, I will prosper and things that I had once 'searched for' will show up by themselves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN! You got it!!!