Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Overwhelmed!

Its day 2 of the new job and needless to say, I have a bad case of the learning curve. So much information that I am attempting to retain. This certainly won't be the easiest undertaking.

In addition to that, my first day at the new job was also the first day of my next graduate class: Marketing Management. Now, one would think, Marketing....I studied this in my undergrad, I've done some marketing in jobs...this should be easy. Plus, its basic marketing course.

Well....in the matter of 8 short weeks, I need to research and write a marketing plan. Note: Typically in the business world, a marketing plan takes at a minimum of 6 months to research, develop and write.

Needless to say, I'm OVERWHELMED!

Separate from that, I've been reading a daily blog from a good friend of mine that has a band and was on a recent tour out east (http://www.myspace.com/wolfymusic1) and at the end of each of his blog, he posted his ponderings. They are quite interesting and am going to attempt to adopt this thought process as well.

So...here is what I'm pondering tonight...

Is it possible to actually read so much information that your head can explode?
When you get down to it, what is really preventing me from hooking up an IV of coffee?
Who would change the coffee pack when it runs out?

No comments: