Sunday, December 13, 2009

Refocus

I've been challenged lately in my life, happiness, relationships and my overall focus of my life. Realizing that I am ultimately not in control, it's time for a refocus in my life. I had a conversation the other night with a friend who is experiencing the same need / desire for refocus in their life and has served as some inspiration for this post.

Why is it that life and all that comes with life can, at times, just cloud our primary focus in life: being obedient to God? Sometimes the drama of life and relationships has a negative impact on my life. I'm a challenged with navigating the waters through the drama to determine if there is indeed a purpose behind those relationships and if they support the primary of objective of my time on earth. Lately, this challenge has become overwhelming and has caused me to rethink some of the friendships I have in my life. I'm not removing those individuals as friends in my life but withdrawing to take the time to reflect on who I am becoming as a person apart from those people in my life.

Happiness cannot be found in others but only in yourself. Until I can find contentment with who I am as a person and my own personality, true happiness will continue to elude me. Unfortunately, a figment of my happiness will try to consume my life and give me false impressions of what I will someday truly achieve.

No comments: