Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happiness

Happiness - a state of well-being and contentment -- as defined by Websters.

But what does happiness really mean? Is it a state, a feeling, something physical you can touch? Can it be all of these? None of these?

Who defines happiness? Me? Someone else? Must I rely upon others to make me happy?

When thinking about happiness, I struggle with all the above questions. I ponder if happiness can really exist? Is it just a feeling when things are not so bad?

Only I can control the happiness, true happiness in my life. Finding myself will lead me to happiness. I am ultimately responsible for my happiness, not anyone else.

So, how do I find happiness?

Answer: I find myself and my true being. Where? Well, that is yet to be determined.

"Happiness depends on ourselves" ~~ Aristotle

No comments: