Saturday, November 14, 2009

Three simple words: Hope, Love, Faith

The weekend message at my church focused on three simple words: Hope, Love, Faith. It's amazing how simple the words are but how extensive the impact can have on ones life.

Hope is given by God. We 'hope' for something in our lives; similar to wishes. God provides Hope to anyone seeking it. Without hope, comes despair.

Love: without it, you are empty and struggle to have relationship and connect with others. However, Love is the source of love, hope and faith. 'And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.' 1 Cor. 13:3 Without love, we are selfish.

Faith is active where 'belief' is passive. The act of faith allows us to understand what God says in His word and responding positively to it. Without faith, we have fear.

Over the past few weeks, I've been challenged to 'live by faith and not by sight'. 2 Cor. 5:7. It's a lot easier said then done but I am learning patience and slowly giving up control of my life and what I want and letting God lead and guide me.

No comments: