Thursday, April 9, 2009

Not Alone

I've often felt alone recently...lost in this world, trudging through life's complications, struggles and journey. The emptiness overcomes all desire and motivation to move through each day. You get so caught in something...something that isn't...but could be...or could not be. Its all an idea, a fictitious, made-up scenario. Its created in an attempt to fill a void...but the void is not being filled by the right thing.

Emptiness can be the result of so many things in life. Dealing with family, friends, relationships, but I'm realizing, I'm trying to fill a void with something that will not actually fill the void. I feel so far away from everything, everyone but what I want is the nearness...the closeness and sense of comfort.

This can only come from one place..God our Father. During this Easter season, I'll admit, I've forgotten the reason for it. The ultimate price was paid so that I can have my sins forgiven and that I can have that nearness with God in my life. But I've kept him at arm's length because I think I know better or I want my plan to be executed. But it doesn't matter what my plan is because He has a bigger and better one. If only I'll be patient and wait for it to be unveiled to me.

I'm hiding from life but I'm not alone...for God is here with me. I'm not alone, He is here to wipe away all my fears.

http://vodpod.com/watch/1269745-meredith-andrews-youre-not-alone

No comments: