Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catalyst 4.0, The Ending

Over the course of my last few posts, I've talked about catalysts in my life. I may not have shared as much regarding specific examples but that is where this final posting about catalysts comes in. In this last posting in the series, I want to talk about the catalyst of conversation and sharing.

Conversation is vital to life. Through conversation, you are able to share your thoughts, feelings, ideas and a little piece of yourself. I find myself enjoying being on the 'listening' side of many conversations. I truly enjoy learning more about individuals, and being able to communicate with them. Through conversation, oftentimes you end up sharing things about yourself but can also have the opportunity to share something that is personal to each of us: our faith.

They say, two things you don't talk about are politics and religion. Well, if you don't talk about religion (or your faith in this example), how else can you learn about others and grow in community? The sharing of your faith should allow you to demonstrate the love of God for each of us and your individual desire to grow in your own faith. Through the sharing of your faith, you are also doing God's work by sharing more about Him.

My sharing + God's working = catalyst. What you do with this catalyst is up to you but through a simple conversation, you can have a great impact on one's life. I know that I have experienced this many times and hope that God continues to reveal Himself to others through me.

No comments: