Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Musings from a Snowy Day

It snowed again today. A few more inches added to the count. It feels like I've been stuck in winter for months already and yet according to the Gregorian calendar, the winter solstice does not begin until December 21st. How can this be? Why does this season always seem to start so early and last so long? Ah yes, I am reminded where I live in the midwest. Maybe I should move away to warmer climate?

I recall from last year, a record-setting snow fall year, the over abundance of snow and how I felt the same with regard to it. Will this year be a repeat? I was reminded today while driving that there are benefits of driving a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Now, if only I had one to deal with the elements.

With all this being said about the snow, difficulty driving in it and the bitter cold, when I'm warm and inside, the snow has an elegance about it as it flows smoothly from the sky above. Its actually soothing in away to just watch it fall and being peaceful.

If only life could be as simple, elegant and peaceful like snow falling. But yet, life is complicated. I do it to myself. The expectations and requirements I put on myself and the constant minimizing of my accomplishments just beat a guy down over time. But yet I always pick myself up only to fall down again.

One day, life will be easier and resemble the calmness of a fresh snow. One day...


Things I'm Pondering...
... is there a world record for the tallest snowman? If not...should I attempt to set that record?
... I wonder if there is a big enough bottle to bottle up all of one person's feelings for a lifetime in.
... I've been told to stop letting life get in the way of life...I wonder how I do that?

No comments: