Sunday, July 27, 2008

see title above...

Defining Life's Moments....have you defined a moment lately? I know I haven't. And I ask myself, what's stopping me? Do I need to wait for a little nudge from someone or to the extent of learning of an illness or a threat to my life?

I recently read a book called The Last Lecture. I'm sure you may have heard of it since it is on the best seller's list. In brief, its about a man, Randy Pausch, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was given a short amount of time to life. He began making decisions in his life to ...in my own words...define his moments of true happiness...

After reading the book and watching his 'Last Lecture' (he was a professor at Carnegie Melon University), I've been inspired to make intentional decisions to define my life and seek out true happiness. I'll admit, I don't know what the first decision will be or the impact it will have but only time will tell.

A little more information on Randy Pausch: http://www.thelastlecture.com/aboutr.htm

Unfortunately, on Friday, July 25, 2008, Randy passed away however his inspiration lives on.

No comments: